YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
“I tell myself that I can do anything I set my mind to.”Catherine Zeta-Jones
Challenges You Will Overcome:
- Fear and shyness
- Imposter Syndrome
- Low self-esteem
The following mantra has guided my coaching philosophy for decades:
Have a plan. Believe in the plan. Execute the plan.René Vidal
What I’ve found is that most people have ideas, but they don’t have a true game plan for achievement. And for those who have a plan, very few people have the confidence and chutzpah to execute and make things happen.
“Everyone has a plan ‘till they get punched in the mouth.”Mike Tyson, Hungry Boxer
How do you build the confidence and courage you need to fight for and get what you want?
8 Keys to a Can-Do Mindset
- Create a happy atmosphere. “Environment is stronger than will,” says real estate investor Ken McElroy. Design your space in a way that makes you feel good.
- Dream big. Remember however, “The dream is free, but the hustle is sold separately.”
- Be precocious. Play smart and aggressive to win.
- Stay focused. Allowing yourself to be distracted is the ultimate confidence killer. Protect your time.
- Broaden your worldview. Optimism and wisdom flow from an open heart. Seek out diversity and different life perspectives.
- Exercise your mind and body. Self-care is a personal investment that reaps rich rewards. Jamaican publisher Marcus Garvey said, “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in life.”
- Build a strong inner circle. If you don’t like or enjoy the people around you, change them.
- Practice curiosity. Quality Questions = Quality Answers. A growth mindset is the secret to a bigger life.
What positive action will you take today to move the needle toward your goal?Power Question
© René Vidal
A 7-time NCAA championship coach, René Vidal serves as head coach at McKendree Tennis and founder of Vidal Peak Performance, an executive coaching company for CEOs, business owners, and sales teams. To learn more, email: email@example.com.